Discover how system simulation with Simcenter Amesim empowers your team to evaluate innovative UAM concepts at any point in your design cycle.
The design of any electric aircraft involves multiple technical areas, including aerodynamics, thermal dynamics, electromagnetics, battery chemistry, thermal management, lift, propulsion, controls, and many more. Model-based systems engineering enables the modeling of all necessary components and their interactions to predict performance for a given flight profile.
This on-demand webinar will use a battery-electric VTOL aircraft as an example to show how this kind of system modeling can be leveraged to accelerate the investigation and design of urban air mobility concepts. In this webinar, we will discuss:
- Seeing the big picture: What is system modeling and why does it matter?
- Understanding where system modeling belongs in the development cycle
- Employing multiple levels of fidelity simultaneously
- Integrating subsystem models for a multirotor distributed electric aircraft
- Defining a flight profile to evaluate range – Modeling the impact of different battery technologies on payload and range
- Extending the model to include additional phenomena, such as thermal effects, cabin comfort requirements, and charging performance