Engineering Shop Assistant
Engineering Shop Assistant
ATA Engineering, 13290 Evening Creek Drive South, San Diego, California 92128
ATA is seeking an engineering shop assistant with interest in modern technology and a fast-paced work environment. A successful candidate will be able to quickly adapt to changes in business needs. Experience working in labs and multitasking is desired. ATA Engineering, Inc., is based in San Diego, California, but services clients globally. This is a part-time position (20 hours per week). A full-time option may be considered.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support laboratory operations through general maintenance of laboratory and supply storage areas, equipment, instruments, and supplies.
- Perform calibrations on electronic equipment, including data acquisition systems, transducers, and accelerometers.
- Perform shipping and receiving tasks, including packing and unpacking items and scheduling inbound and outbound freight.
- Support engineering staff with test activities in the lab.
- Under general supervision of the safety officer, assist in the maintenance and execution of ATA’s safety program.
- Able to work safely in a laboratory test environment, lifting up to 50 lb of equipment, working with power electronics and electrostatic-discharge-sensitive equipment, and moving safely in cluttered environments or working at heights.
The ideal candidate would have all of the following skills. A highly motivated but less-experienced candidate interested in learning these skills would also be considered.
- High school degree or equivalent minimum education
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Detail oriented and excellent organizational skills
- Familiarity with soldering and cable/harness making
- Proficient in the use of hand tools
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Experience with using a pallet stacker and/or forklift
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be a US Person
Salary Range (2023):
- Entry–Mid Career Level: $50,000–$110,000 per year
How to Apply
We appreciate your interest in ATA Engineering and request that you submit the following materials if you are qualified and wish to join our team of employee-owners at ATA Engineering:
- A current résumé or CV
- A copy of your up-to-date college transcripts. You may email them, or request that an official transcript be sent directly to the address below. If your transcript contains identifying information such as Social Security Number and/or date of birth, please delete this information prior to submitting your transcripts.
- A statement confirming that you meet the definition of a US person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15.
Please note: we prefer electronic copies of all documents, but you may also mail them to the address below if necessary. Many of our contracts require access to government, defense, and classified information. We cannot consider your application unless you are a US Person. Unless you specifically state otherwise in your cover letter or email, you will be considered for all current openings at all ATA locations. Once we have reviewed your qualifications, you will be contacted by email regarding the status of your application.
Email all documents to [email protected]
Or mail them to:
Manager, Human Resources
ATA Engineering, Inc.
13290 Evening Creek Drive South
San Diego, CA 92128
ATA Engineering, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact an ATA Engineering, Inc., Human Resources Representative at [email protected].