Network Systems Administrator Intern
Network Systems Administrator Intern
ATA Engineering, 13290 Evening Creek Drive South, San Diego, CA 92128
Is there really a career opportunity to work in IT with a world-renowned team of engineers who analyze, design, and test amusement park rides, aircraft, launch vehicles, satellites, consumer electronics, sports equipment, and more? There is at ATA Engineering!
ATA Engineering, Inc., is a 100% employee-owned engineering consulting firm with headquarters in San Diego and regional offices in Los Angeles, Berkeley, Denver, Albuquerque, northern Virginia, and Huntsville, Alabama. As a rapidly growing high-technology firm, we are looking to fill our growing needs for Network and System Administrators.
Do you want the opportunity to grow and develop as an IT professional in a progressive company with high standards of excellence that encourages its employees to work independently and is committed to developing the next generation of IT infrastructure? As a small company with multiple locations and a plan for continued growth, we are looking for an individual in our San Diego office who is interested in taking on responsibility in a fresh and challenging environment! If you are also interested in growth potential and the opportunity to learn and be trained in emerging technologies, this could be the perfect position for you.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support configuration and installation of desktop computers
- Provide ongoing technical support to staff members.
- Troubleshoot networks, workstations, software, and computer peripherals.
- Create Active Directory users and groups.
- Create and administer computer images.
- Document procedures and post to internal knowledge base.
General Knowledge of and Experience with the Following
- Linux (CentOS, Redhat, Ubuntu)
- Windows and Linux scripting
- Windows 10
- Windows Server (Server 2012/2016/2019)
- Windows Active Directory (Account Management)
- Virtualization (VMWare ESXi 7.x/vSphere)
- HPE Hardware Management
- Voice over IP (VoIP) experience; ShoreTel preferred
- Mail servers and web-based email
- FlexLM License Management
- Must be a US Person
- Must be 18 years or older
- Bachelor’s degree in process for majors including Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, or related field from an accredited college/university with an excellent academic record, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong technical aptitude
- Able to prioritize multiple requests in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
- Physically able to lift at least 70 pounds
Experience in Any of the Following Areas Is a Plus:
- 1 year of work experience preferably in a professional or technical setting
- Working in a mixed-platform environment running both Linux and Microsoft systems and multi-vendor network systems
- NIST standards 800-171 and 800-53 and DoD CMMC requirements
How to Apply
We appreciate your interest in ATA Engineering and request that you submit the following materials if you are qualified and wish to join our team of employee-owners at ATA Engineering:
- A current résumé or CV
- A copy of your up-to-date college transcripts. You may email them, or request that an official transcript be sent directly to the address below. If your transcript contains identifying information such as Social Security Number and/or date of birth, please delete this information prior to submitting your transcripts.
- A statement confirming that you meet the definition of a US person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15.
Please note: we prefer electronic copies of all documents, but you may also mail them to the address below if necessary. Many of our contracts require access to government, defense, and classified information. We cannot consider your application unless you are a US Person. Unless you specifically state otherwise in your cover letter or email, you will be considered for all current openings at all ATA locations. Once we have reviewed your qualifications, you will be contacted by email regarding the status of your application.
Email all documents to HR Director, [email protected]
Or mail them to:
ATA Engineering, Inc.
13290 Evening Creek Drive South
San Diego, CA 92128
ATA Engineering, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact an ATA Engineering, Inc., Human Resources Representative at [email protected].