ATA Engineering, 13290 Evening Creek Drive South, San Diego, CA 92128
ATA is seeking an individual to perform general accounting duties per GAAP and assist in other office tasks. This is an opportunity to learn and develop a broad range of accounting and finance skills in a dynamic small company environment. Related tasks include monthly closing procedures, timesheet audits and review, accounts receivable tracking, collection calls, audit support, government compliance, and reception duties. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of basic accounting and internal controls and will have excellent communication skills with customers, vendors, and co-workers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Accounts receivable: payment data entry, collections, customer relationships
- Assistance with financial, DCAA, and DCMA government property audits
- Maintain, review, and validate data in several accounting databases and generate queries and reports
- Assist with collection of timecards
- Generate, verify, store, and track consulting agreements, subcontracts, nondisclosure agreements, and certificates of insurance
- Provide accounting and clerical support
- Cover the reception desk and responsibilities as needed
- Commitment to both confidentiality and deliverable deadlines
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge through continuous education
- Must be a U.S. Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15
- Progress toward or completed a bachelor’s degree with excellent academic record.
- Basic understanding of accounting principles is a plus
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks or other ERP system desirable
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- High level of accuracy and integrity
- Commitment to deadlines
- Excellent attendance
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
Salary Range (2023):
- Salary: $40,000–$90,000 per year
How to Apply
We appreciate your interest in ATA Engineering and request that you submit the following materials if you are qualified and wish to join our team of employee-owners at ATA Engineering:
- A current résumé or CV.
- A copy of your up-to-date college transcripts. You may email them, or request that an official transcript be sent directly to the address below. If your transcript contains identifying information such as Social Security Number and/or date of birth, please delete this information prior to submitting your transcripts.
- A statement confirming that you meet the definition of a U.S. Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15.
Please note: we prefer electronic copies of all documents, but you may also mail them to the address below if necessary. Many of our contracts require access to government, defense, and classified information. We cannot consider your application unless you are a U.S. Person. Once we have reviewed your qualifications, you will be contacted by email regarding the status of your application.
Email all documents to [email protected]
ATA Engineering, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact an ATA Engineering, Inc., Human Resources Representative at [email protected].