Business Development Engineer (AL)
Business Development Engineer
Location: ATA Engineering, 1500 Perimeter Parkway NW, Ste 285, Huntsville, Alabama 35806
ATA is seeking a Business Development Engineer with a mechanical or aerospace engineering background, interest in business development and account management, and an outgoing personality. The primary focus of this position is to expand awareness of ATA through sales, marketing and customer relations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide business development and account management services for the southeastern United States in aerospace, defense, and energy (including renewable) industries.
- Assume a lead role in identifying, developing, shaping, and closing business opportunities.
- Coordinate and lead the proposal development and approval process.
- Provide account management and customer service support for customers.
- Contribute to the development of future marketing strategies for ATA.
- Participate in sales team meetings/planning sessions and coordinate selling activities with the team.
- Develop and execute annual sales plans consistent with company strategy, goals, and objectives.
- B.S. in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Structural Engineering with an excellent academic record is required.
- At least five years of experience as a practicing engineer in structural statics, dynamics, durability, acoustic, thermal, fluids analysis, or test or mechanical design and development is required.
- Three to five years of experience in business development or sales is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Able and willing to travel up to 30% of the time to customer sites via airplane or ground transportation.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Ability to spend long periods of time sitting.
- Able to lift up to 50 Ibs as necessary for transportation of laptop, luggage, etc.
How to Apply
We appreciate your interest in ATA Engineering and request that you submit the following materials if you are qualified and wish to join our team of employee-owners at ATA Engineering:
- A current resume or CV.
- A copy of your up-to-date college transcripts. You may email them, or request that an official transcript be sent directly to the address below. If your transcript contains identifying information such as Social Security Number and/or date of birth, please delete this information prior to submitting your transcripts.
- A statement regarding your U.S. citizenship.
Please note: we prefer electronic copies of all documents, but you may also mail them to the address below if necessary. Many of our contracts require access to government, defense, and classified information. We cannot consider your application unless you are a U.S. citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident. Unless you specifically state otherwise in your cover letter or email, you will be considered for all current openings at all ATA locations. Once we have reviewed your qualifications, you will be contacted by email regarding the status of your application.
Email all documents to email@example.com
Or mail them to:
Manager, Human Resources
ATA Engineering, Inc.
13290 Evening Creek Drive South, Suite 250
San Diego, CA 92128
ATA Engineering, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage minorities, women, veterans, and people with disabilities to apply